LOCKDOWN - WEEK 2

This is it. My country is locked down due to a virus, COVID-19...the same that is probably ruining your days and nights.
This is our second week within our four walls and I would not say that it is going smoothly.
Our fridge is filled, the shop is nearby so it is rather easy to do our shopping even if some items are missing in the shop alleys. 
It is more the general mood on the street and inside our home that is hard to adjust to.
People were first rather going crazy buying food and paper rolls in such large quantities that it was really ridiculous. Some others fought in the shop alleys over a pack of pasta and hell to you if you sneezed in the queue with your trolley. 
It all went mad, really. The news on telly was not really helping. Hours after hours of news flashes and special reports, I decided to simply stop watching telly with the kids around and I watch the news on my mobile. 
Yes, schools are closed which means that it is my second week of homeschooling and I am going crazy, really. They all need me at the same time to help them do this or that exercise and their various teachers really went mad with the number of things to do, read, write and calculate.

On the other hand, it is precious to spend extra time with them. We play in the garden, listen to music, my daughter has some terrific choreography to show and we watch movies, old movies and we read books. 
Every day, we wake up to a day that is in every aspect identical to the one before. Tomorrow is like yesterday and today is the same as the day before. 
Because of the kids and the constant attention they ask, I am not up to date with my writing. And to be honest, I am not in the mood right now. I miss my family and my friends. I miss the possibility of simply saying "I am going out tonight, take care of the kids yourself. Love honey". 
We all hope that things will come back to normality soon, but I am not at all sure that it is going to be the case anytime soon. The situation in Italy could become our situation and we could also be unable to bury our dear ones.
2020 was supposed to be better, I am sorry to say that it is not the case.
I sometimes dream about "later", about "summer", about the things that I would like to do with my family, my husband and my friends, about what it would be like to live while maybe others like your nice neighbour from next door or the nice old lady that you always that you used to meet at the butcher are not around anymore.

Corona Virus is like a Russian roulette or a tricky "Hunger Games". It will leave marks on us all, old and young alike will remember the year the world stopped and trembled.

Comments

  1. The content of your website takes a lot to read. Hopefully, in this way new things will always give us gifts. Encouraged to see you, I have created a web site. See more Love story

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts